- i'll be back in park slope!
- unfurnished living room which means i can bring my furniture!! i can't part with my leather arm chair
- large bedroom AND FINALLY.....
- a HUGE closet!! probably the largest one that i will have since moving to brooklyn!
- oh, and yeah, GREAT rent!
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
pack it up, pack it in, where to begin?
yup, i'm moving! big surprise, right? if you know me, you know that i've lived in 5 different apartments since moving to brooklyn in 2004. soon to be 6!
my current apartment is great, it's absolutely beautiful. i have my own studio in prospect heights, brooklyn but unfortunately my landlords are planning to sell. it also happens to be pretty pricey - and while i've been able to afford my place, i could be living elsewhere and saving a LOT of money!
a few weeks ago i took a stab at craigslist and found an apartment that sounded perfect. it's a 2 bedroom that i'll be sharing with a roommate. she seems nice and the apartment had a few great selling points:
i'm really excited to be moving, but NOT excited to be packing! i've just started (and i move in 2 weeks) and am taking this opportunity to really purge. in the 5 moves that i've had, i do a really good job of just boxing up crap and moving it to the new place. this time, i'm not just going to box it all up.