- socks and undergarments are NOT included and can be considered necessary purchases
- the money from any items that are sold on ebay or at consignment shops will go into a "slush fund" and that money CAN be used to make purchases (see slush fund tally on the right).
- any sporting equipment that is needed throughout the year is allowed (unfortunately lululemon speed shorts don't fit into this category). running sneakers for the marathon, or accessories for my bike, are allowed.
- special occasions. here's where it gets tricky. i know that i have weddings and other special occasions that will warrant pretty dresses, however i have quite a few already hanging in my closet. so, if and ONLY IF, i have an occasion where i am in need of a new frock (like a black tie gala for example) i can purchase something ONLY after the jury (rachel flynn) has OKed it.
- gifts are all fine, as long as for other people.
- gift cards are all fair game. if i receive a gift card this holiday season i can use it in the new year, but cannot spend over the amount of the card.
- i must post about anything i purchase.
Monday, December 20, 2010
rules of engagement
i find it necessary to write them out, and be very specific, otherwise i'm sure i'll find ways to cheat my own system. i know few of you think i can even make it a month, but i am determined to see it through - the WHOLE YEAR. but there will be necessary purchases, and i mean that to be serious, knowing that an amazing new blazer isn't a necessity.
so that's it. with 2011 only 11 days away i am feeling ready and comfortable with this.
if you were going to forgo purchases for a month or 2 - what would you miss the most?